Langsung ke konten utama

Materi congratulation hope and wish.


Expression of congratulation, hope, and wish

Hey friends here I want to teach you how to use the correct corangtulation hope and wish expressions

Read carefully okay :)

Pengertian dan contoh dialog congratulation, hope, and wish


What Is an Expression of Congratulations?

Expression of Congratulations is an expression that we use give the congratulation utterance when he or she be succeed in doing someone.
Here are some expressions of congratulations and their proper response.
Congratulationss dalam bahasa indonesia adalah ucapan yang diberikan kepada seseorang yang sedang mendapatkan kebahagiaan. Dengan kata lain congratulation adalah suatu ungkapan pujian karena adanya suatu pencapaian atau prestasi. Kata congratulation ini mempunyai arti yang sama dengan “good wish” atau harapan yang baik kepada seseorang.

Jenis Expression of Congratulations

Expressions of Congratulation
  • Congratulation
  • Congratulations
  • Congratulations on your succeeds
  • Happy Birthday
  • Happy New Year
  • Happy Anniversary
  • Let me congratulate you
  • That’s great!
  • Pretty Good
  • I’d be the first to congratulate you on.
  • I’d like to congratulate you on …
  • Please accept my warmest congratulations.
  • May I congratulate you on …
  • I must congratulate you.
  • It was great to hear about …
  • Well done
  • Nice one
  • Fantastic!

Response expression of Congratulation

Ø  Thank you.

Ø  Thank you for saying so.

Ø  It’s very nice of you to say so.

Ø  Oh, there’s nothing to it, actually.

Ø  Oh, thanks.

Ø  It’s very good of you to say so.

Ø  How kind of you to say so.

Contoh Dialog Percakapan Expression of Congratulations

Roy : Who won the football match yesterday? Siapa yang menang pertandingan sepak bola kemarin?Tom : Our team did. We won three to one. Tim kami yang menang. Kami menang 3-1. 
Roy : Congratulation. I’m glad to hear it. Selamat ya. Aku senang mendengarnya.
Tom : Thank you. terimakasih





Hope (Verb)


Pengertian Hope

Verb “hope” digunakan untuk membicarakan bahwa suatu kondisi atau situasi memiliki kemungkinan terjadi di masa depan. Maknanya “to want something to happen or be true and and think that it is possible” (menginginkan sesuatu terjadi atau benar adanya dan berpikir bahwa itu mungkin).

Hope + Object / No Object

Hope dapat transitive (diikuti direct object) atau intransive (tidak diikuti direct object).
Sebagai transitive verb, hope dapat diikuti infinitive (to+verb) atau that-clause (noun clause) sebagai direct object-nya. Kata kerja ini digunakan bersama infinitive untuk menyatakan harapan dan niat untuk melakukan sesuatu di masa depan jika memungkinkan dapat dilakukan, sedangkan bersama that-clause ketika ada subjectbaru yang ingin disebutkan (subject baru tersebut berada di dalam that-clause).
Subordinator “that” pada that-clause tersebut dapat dihilangkan, sehingga hanya menyisakan subject dan predicate-nya. That-clause tersebut sering menggunakan present verb form (simple present tense) meskipun ada time reference(keterangan waktu) di masa depan (next week, tomorrow, next month, dll).

Expressing Wishes


Pengertian Expressing Wishes

Verb wish adalah kata kerja yang digunakan ketika seorang speaker menyatakan keinginkan atas realita yang berbeda. Wish termasuk dalam subjunctive.

Penggunaan dan Contoh Kalimat Expressing Wishes

Wish diikuti oleh simple past untuk menyatakan bahwa situasi yang diinginkan tidak mungkin terjadi pada saat ini (present), sedangkan wishdiikuti past perfect untuk menyatakan tidak mungkin terjadi di masa lampau (past). Wishdapat pula diikuti past future(would/could+Verb1) untuk menyatakan keinginan seseorang untuk melakukan sesuatu secara berbeda. Beberapa contoh kalimatnya adalah sebagai berikut.
https://keziannisabilla.blogspot.com/2019/07/expression-of-congratulation-hope-and.html

. Situation:

Siti has just got the first prize in the “Bakiak race” to celebrate Indonesia Independence day

              I.    Choose the  best   answer  by  crossing  theletter A,B,CorD!

1.Faiz               : What’s up? You look so sad.

Rizki         : My brother got sick and he is still hospitalized
Faiz           : That’s too bad. I’m so sorry to hear that. How is he now?
Rizki         : He is getting better now
Faiz           : Oh, ………….
Rizki         : I hope so


The suitable expression to complete the dialogue above is……
a. I hope he will get well soon
b. I hope he looks so sad
c. I hope he is still hospitalized
d. I hope he gets sick


2. Beni congratulates her.

What does Beni say to congratulate Siti?

Beni     : ” __________________________.”

Siti       : ”Thank you.”

A.    Sure, Good luck.

B.     Congratulate to Siti

C.     Congratulations, Siti.

D.    Thanks, I will do my best


3. Edo           : ”Happy birthday, Lia.”

Lia       : ”Thank you Edo. You are the first who congratulate me.”

Edo     : ”Oh really? Here is a little present for you. I hope you like it.”

Lia       : ”Thank you very much. You are really my best friend.”

Why does Edo give Lia a present?

A.    Because Lia likes present.

B.     Because today Dayu’s birthday.

C.     Because Edo has a lot of money.

D.    Because Lia is celebrating her birthday today.


The following text is for questions 4 and 5.

Dear Esther

 

CONGRATULATIONS

 

 4. Look at the picture and choose the best wish..













a.congratulation on your sickness
b. Get Well Soon, my friend
c. Why are you sick?
d. Don't be sick

5. Look at the picture and choose the best wish ......



















a. Have a great school day my friend
b. Have a nice trip!
c. Congratulation on your graduation. I happy for you
d. What a wonderful birthday

6. Situation :

Fadel is going to participate in the story telling competition.

Dara shows her hope that Fadel will get a prize.

The conversation:

Fadel   :  “Dara, wish me luck. I will take part in the story telling competition.”

Dara    :  “____________________. I hope you will win the competition.”

A. Thank you very much

B.  I hope so

C.  I’m sorry

D. Sure, Good luck


7. Choose the following sentences which expression of Hope .....

a. I need a nice house
b. I would like to have a nice house
c. I wish I had a nice house
d. I like a nice house


Gina: Hi, Jean. How are you doing?
Jean: Bad.
Gina: What's wrong?
Jean: My father got sick. He has to stay in the hospital for a few days to get medical care.
Gina: What happened to him?
Jean: He got cancer.
Gina: I'm sorry to hear that. But you still go to school?
 Jean: Yea, my mom told me that I have to go to school. She is in the hospital to accompany my dad.
Gina: I (8) …….. your dad will get better soon.
           Jean: Yea, (9) ………..
8. a. congratulate
b. talk
c. hope
d. try

9.a.  I doubt
b. I hope so
c. I don't think so
d. No comment

10.Situation :

Rahma’s father has given her permission to walk to the mountain. Gibril is happy

for her and expresses his hope that she will have a safe trip.

The conversation:

Rahma:  “Thank God. Finally my father lets me go to the mountain walk.”

Gibril   :  “______________________. Have a safe trip.”

A. I’m happy for you

B.  Wish me happy

C.  Thank you very much

D. I hope so



    http://demiyurfina.blogspot.com/2015/09/soal-soal-expression-of-hope.html


http://www.kursusmudahbahasainggris.com/2015/09/contoh-soal-tentang-congratulations.html


https://id.scribd.com/document/409798580/latihan-soal-hope-wish-and-congratulation


https://keziannisabilla.blogspot.com/2019/07/expression-of-congratulation-hope-and.html

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Materi Teks Narrative Kelas 9

  Definition of Narrative Text Teks naratif adalah suatu bentuk teks yang lisan atau tertulis yang menceritakan sebuah cerita dari satu karakter atau lebih yang mengahadapi situasi tertentu yang dibuat dengan tujuan untuk menghibur para pembaca. Jenis teks naratif seperti,  legend, fable, fairy tale, folktale, short story, real-life drama, classic, fantasy, adventure, science, fiction, myth dan mistery.   Example  of Narrative Text SANGKURIANG Once upon a time in West Java, Indonesia, lived a princess named Dayang Sumbi. She was beautiful and kind-hearted. Her hobby was weaving cloth. But sometimes she could be very lazy. One day her weaving tool fell but she was too lazy to get it herself. She shouted out, "Can anybody help me get my tool? If you are a female, I will take you as my sister. If you are a male, I will marry you!" A male creature came, but it was a dog. His name was Tumang. He happily brought her the tool. Dayang Sumbi was very surprised but she had to keep her